NEVADA and UTAH CCW permit requirements:
We offer the required 8-hour class that you must take as part of the application process. Our class is certified by the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
Nevada & Utah CCW course - $100
Nevada CCW Renewal $65 (requires 4 hours of class and live fire qualification)
Tuition must be paid when you arrive for class.
Your options of payment are: Cash or Debit/Credit card. Personal checks will not be accepted.
**Please ask about our First Responder discount for current First Responders and their immediate family (Parents, Spouse, & Children)**
HOW TO ENROLL:
Step 1: Click on the above link "UPCOMING EVENTS" and find a date that works for you....or....Email us at email@example.com for dates and availability.
Step 2: Complete online Registration/Payment Authorization for reservation deposit. You will receive an emailed receipt/confirmation within 24 hours.
Step 3: Arrive to class at 9:00 am *Please be on time! No entry to class permitted after 9:30am
*TUITION WILL BE DUE ON DAY OF CLASS*
The majority of the class time will focus on firearm safety and Nevada-specific laws. In addition, the class will cover the following subject matter:
• Handgun Familiarization & Safe Handling
• Ammunition Familiarization
• Handgun Shooting Fundamentals
• Firing a Handgun (Hands on practice)
• Shooting Positions
• Firearms Laws (per state)
• Avoiding Criminal Attacks
• Controlling a Violent Confrontation
• Concealed Carry Methods
*FOLLOWING THE CLASSROOM PORTION WILL BE A LIVE FIRE QUALIFICATION.
*BOTH PORTIONS OF THE CLASS MUST BE COMPLETED TO PASS THE COURSE.
*STUDENT CAN QUALIFY WITH ANY SEMI-AUTO OR REVOLVER HANDGUN
• Any Semi-Auto or Revolver handgun. Please bring any extra magazines you may have.
• 100 rounds of factory made ammunition
• Eye and Ear protection (Sun Glasses are acceptable)
• Range appropriate clothing (hat, long sleeve shirt, long pants/jeans, and closed toe shoes)
• Note taking material
Armor Piercing, Steel Core, Incendiary, Tracer and Re-loaded ammunition
These are the steps you must go through in order to obtain your Nevada CCW Permit.
Before you begin the process, please make certain you meet the minimum requirements:
Step 1: You must complete the 8-hour certified basic firearms training class.
Step 2: It is crucial that you pass the qualification with a gun of your choosing. This can be achieved during your class times. If you do not own a gun, you have 12 months after completion of the class to target-qualify. You are not required to qualify with a specific gun. You are not required to qualify with both a semi-auto and revolver. You are only required to qualify with one gun. Post qualification, you will be permitted to carry a gun of your choosing. The caliber and type (semi-auto or revolver) are irrelevant!
Step 3: You must submit the CCW application to the Las Vegas Metro Police Department's CCW detail in person. They will take your photograph and will go through a fingerprint check. Upon finishing the course, you will receive your completed and stamped application.
Step 4: The application fee of $98.25 ($63.25 for renewals) must be paid over the counter at the LVMPD office. Your options of payment for the application fee are: cash, credit card or money order. Personal checks will not be accepted.
Step 5: Once your application is approved, your Nevada CCW permit will arrive to you in the mail.
**Your Nevada CCW permit is valid for 5 years from issue date.**
The qualifications of the CCW process will apply If you are not a resident of Nevada. On the day of qualification, your permit will also be valid for 5 years. Your residential state address will be documented on your permit.
By law, the LVMPD has up to 120 days to process your application. This includes a criminal background check.
Through the LVMPD, the process of your application is a fee of $98.25 charges $98.25 ($63.25 to renew) Your options of payment for the application fee are: cash, credit card or money order. Personal checks will not be accepted.
UTAH: **MUST HAVE NEVADA CCW PERMIT ISSUED PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR UTAH NON-RESIDENT PERMIT**
Utah requires a non-reundable fee of $49.00 with your application. Good for 5 years from issue date.
1. This Course
2. A photocopy of your Drivers license
3. One (1) passport quality photograph
4. A fingerprint card.
Fee is $112 for Non-Resident permit. Florida permit is good for 7 years from issue date.
1. Certificate of completion of this course.
2. Complete and submit Florida application
In order to qualify for a Nevada CCW permit you must meet all the following minimum requirements. Please make absolute certainty that you meet these requirements prior to the CCW process. *You will not obtain a Nevada CCW permit if there are ANY requirements not completed.*
Total List of CCW Requirements
1. You must be 21 years old of age,
2. It is required the 8-hour CCW class is completed. The course requires the student to be present in Nevada and with a qualified Nevada-licensed instructor. For all out-of-state courses, NRA courses and any military experience will not qualify. There is no exception that the course must be completed in Nevada.
3. You must target-qualified.
4. You must not be a fugitive from justice.
5. You must be mentally sound, sane, and competent.
6. You must never have been admitted to a mental health facility/asylum.
7. You must not be a habitual user of drugs or alcohol.
8. No felony criminal conviction (regardless of crime or date of occurance). If you have a felony on your criminal record you can NOT obtain a CCW, nor can you own a handgun.
9. No misdemeanor criminal conviction that involved the use of violence or threats thereof within 3 years prior to submitting your application.
10. No criminal conviction for stalking.
11. No criminal conviction for domestic violence.
12. You may not be under a restraining order.
13. You may not have been dishonorably discharged from the US Armed Forces.
13. You must be a US Citizen or Legal Resident Alien with a valid SS#.
14. You must submit a completed application and must obtain all supporting documents.
15. You must pay the appropriate fees required.
16. You must answer all questions on the application honestly.
17. No D.U.I. (drunk driving) conviction in past 5 years in any state.
Multi-State CCW Course